These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) are entered into by the Customer (“Customer”) signing the Authorized Customer Agreement Order Form (“Order”) for the benefit of Alert Lion, LLC (“Alert Lion”) and providing the terms and conditions for the Customer’s purchase of the Products and Accessories listed in the Order (the “Products”), and the Service Plans (“Service Plans”) listed in the Order (collectively with the Products, the “Services”). Customer and Alert Lion are each referred herein to as a “Party” and collectively as the “Parties”. All capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning set forth on the Order. The Order and these Terms are collectively referred to as the “Agreement” and remain subject to the Online Agreements made by and between Customer and Alert Lion as contemplated under Section 13 below. Customer agrees and acknowledges the following:
- Services. Subject to Alert Lion’s receipt of payment from the Customer in compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Online Agreements, Alert Lion agrees to provide Customer with the Services as indicated in the Order.
- Payments. Customer agrees to purchase the Services in accordance with the prices and payment terms set forth in the Order, and as applicable all sales, use, property, service or other taxes in connection with Services. Customer agrees to pay for the Services within ten (10) days of invoice by Dealer, or on agreed date by electronic transfer. When purchasing Products under a Service Plan term commitment (“Service Plan Term Commitment”), Customer agrees to pay such monthly Service Plan fees for the entire Service Plan Term Commitment or be subject to an Early Termination Fee (defined below), unless otherwise terminated by Dealer or Alert Lion under Section 3(b)(ii).
- Wireless Service Fee. The Wireless Service Fee is included in your monthly amount.
- Voice Service Fee. The Voice Service Fee is included in your monthly amount. Any voice usage in excess of 30 minutes per month will be billed at the rate of $9.99 per 30 minutes- 30 minute minimum.
- Modifications in Fees. Alert Lion may change any terms and conditions related to pricing, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding the Services provided to Customer at any time. Alert Lion shall notify Customer of any material changes in any terms and conditions related to pricing, rates, fees, expenses, or charges (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roamer rates or administrative charges).
- Term, Cancellation, and Termination of Service Plans.
- Termination by Customer.
- Cancellation within 30 Days. Customer may cancel his/her Service Plan within thirty (30) days from the date of this Agreement, for a full refund of the price paid for the Service Plan.
- Service Plan Term Commitment. The term of this Agreement shall be for the number of months of service agreed upon by the Customer in the Order. If Customer terminates his/her Service Plan prior to the end of the Service Plan Term Commitment, Alert Lion may automatically without prior notice apply an early termination fee (“Early Termination Fee”) in the sum of one hundred and eighty dollars ($180) immediately upon confirmation of early termination for the cost of equipment and accessories, and Customer agrees to pay the amounts due under the remainder of the Service Plan Term Commitment. If this Agreement is terminated under this Section 3(B)(i), Customer may restart their former Service Plan once they have paid all remaining amounts due to Alert Lion under the former Service Plan Term Commitment.
- Termination by Alert Lion.
- Termination for Failure to Pay Fees. Alert Lion reserves the right to terminate this Agreement if Customer fails to pay any required fees within ten (10) days of a Customer invoice. In the event of a declined billing attempt for credit and debit cards or automatic monthly payments, Dealer will try to re-process the payment twice within a ten (10) day period following the date which payment was due. Alert Lion reserves the right to terminate the Service Plan at any time after said failed billing attempts, without prior notice to Customer. If the Service Plan is terminated under this Section 3(b)(i), Customer is required to pay all remaining amounts due to Alert Lion, including (as applicable) the remaining monthly fees for the length of the Service Plan Term Commitment and Alert Lion has the right to charge Customer by any other means available. In the event that a Customer payment by check is returned due to insufficient funds, Alert Lion has the right to charge Customer by any other means available, charge an insufficient funds fee up to the maximum allowable by law and/or immediately terminate this Agreement. If Customer’s Service Plan is terminated by Alert Lion for a failed billing attempt, and Customer later chooses to re-start their Service Plan, Alert Lion may charge Customer a one-time, re-start fee of $50, in addition to the then current monthly service fee to re-start the Service Plan, and may require said Customer choosing to re-start their Service Plan to prepay up to twelve (12) months of Customer’s month to month Service Plan at the time of re-start.
- Termination by Alert Lion. Alert Lion may terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion, at any time, for any reason or no reason, without prior notice to Customer. Should Alert Lion terminate this Agreement under this Section 3(b)(ii), Customer shall not be charged an Early Termination Fee and Alert Lion shall refund Customer any prepaid monthly payments and/or a pro rata portion of the monthly fees paid by Customer, calculated from the date of termination. In the event Alert Lion terminates this Agreement pursuant to this Section 3(b)(ii), Customer shall not be entitled to a refund of the purchase price of any Products.
- Refunds of Devices.
- Within 30 Days. Customer may return his/her Device to Alert Lion within thirty (30) days from the date of this Agreement for a full refund by Alert Lion of the purchase price paid, less the shipping and handling fees (if applicable). No return or refund will be provided if the Customer requests a refund/return after thirty (30) days from the date of this Agreement.
- Lost or Stolen Device. Customer agrees to immediately notify Alert Lion in writing if the Device is lost or stolen. Alert Lion will not provide Customer with a replacement Device in the event that such Device is lost or stolen. If the Device is lost or stolen, Customer must comply with all obligations under this Agreement including, but not limited to, payment of any monthly service fees for the Service Plan Term Commitment.
- Customer Obligations. By purchasing a Device, Customer consents and agree to the following: (i) Customer will notify Alert Lion of any defect in the Services within five (5) days of a malfunction; (ii) Customer will test the Services every month in accordance with instructions provided to Customer by Alert Lion or made available to Customer through the Site (as defined in the Order); and (iii) Customer will provide Alert Lion with current emergency contact Information or any other information necessary for Alert Lion to provide the Services, including without limitation the LIfeTrac Speed Call Settings. Customer further consents and agrees that any medical personnel or law enforcement notified to enter any premises as a result of the use of the Services by Customer or a person authorized to use the Services by Customer (“User”) may enter with force if necessary, and that Customer or User has the authority to grant such access. IF CUSTOMER FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THESE CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS, ALERT LION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTIES OR SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Representations and Warranties. Customer represents and warrants the following: (i) Customer has full right and power to enter into and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party; (ii) Customer has to the full right and power to use the Services for their intended purpose; (iii) Customer is a legal resident of the United States and is located in the United States at the time of execution of this Agreement; (iv) information provided to Alert Lion by the Customer is true and accurate; (v) the Customer purchasing the Services is over the age of 18 or has obtained authorization from a parent or guardian to purchase the Services; and (vi) a User who is under 18 has obtained the Customer’s authorization to use the Product.
- Indemnification. Customer and User agree to indemnify, defend, release, protect and hold harmless Alert Lion and their directors, officers, managers, members, employees, resellers, subcontractors, distributors, agents, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, risks of injury, death or other hazards for which the Services are intended to detect or avert, expenses, damages, and costs, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable settlement expenses that may at any time be incurred by reason of any claim, suit, action or other proceeding that is based on or arises from any breach of warranties or restrictions provided under this Agreement, from any claim made by a third party in connection with this Agreement or the Services provided hereunder, including claims arising in whole or in part or related to defects in design, installation, maintenance, monitoring, operation or non-operation of the Services, whether those claims be based upon negligence, gross negligence, warranty, or strict products liability on the part of the Indemnified Parties. For avoidance of any doubt, Customer shall be responsible for any and all costs and expenses of dispatched emergency personnel in the event emergency services are dispatched as a result of the Customer’s use of the Services (or as a result of any other person Customer allows to use the Services), including but not limited any fine, penalties or other charges for any false alarms or signals.
- Limited Warranty.
- One Year Limited Warranty. Alert Lion warrants products against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of this Agreement (“Limited Warranty”). The Limited Warranty is attached hereto as Exhibit A.
- EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY, ALERT LION, AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, RESELLERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, , SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE), GUARANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, STATEMENTS, ESTIMATES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER INDUCEMENTS, ORAL, WRITTEN OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. CUSTOMER AND ANY USER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES ARE AT CUSTOMER’S SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” FOR AVOIDANCE OF ANY DOUBT, ALERT LION DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES WILL PREVENT DEATH, BODILY HARM OR PERSONAL INJURY; (II) THE SERVICES OR NETWORKS UPON WHICH THE SERVICES RELY WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SEVERE WEATHER, EARTHQUAKES, STRIKES, OR FAILURE BY ALERT LION SYSTEMS; OR (III) THE APPROPRIATE EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WILL BE CONTACTED OR THE EMERGENCY PERSONNEL CONTACTED WILL PROMPTLY OR PROPERLY RESPOND TO CUSTOMER OR USER’S MEDICAL NEEDS.
- LIMITATION USING THE PRODUCT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES, FOR ILLEGAL PURPOSES, OR FAILURE TO ADEQUATELY MAINTAIN THE PRODUCT (OR KEEP THE PRODUCT ADEQUATELY POWERED OR INSTALLED WITH WORKING BATTERIES (AS APPLICABLE)); (VII) DAMAGE OR INJURY CAUSED BY A SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR IN THE CASE OF ALERT LION; OR (VIII) DAMAGE OR INJURY CAUSED BY FAILURE OR DELAY IN CONNECTING A CALL TO 911 OR ANY OTHER EMERGENCY SERVICE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Regardless of the previous paragraph, if Alert Lion is found to be liable, liability to Customer or any third party is limited to the greater of (i) the total fees Customer paid to Alert Lion in the twelve (12) months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (ii) $100.00.
- Limitation of Service; Limitations of Liability. ALERT LION OR THEIR DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, RESELLERS, DISTRIBUTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY USER FOR ANY LOSS, RISK, INJURY, DEATH, OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (EVEN IF ALERT LION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) OR FOR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE SERVICES, THE DESIGN OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY INTERRUPTION OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE NUMBER OR NATURE OF CLAIMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ALERT LION OR THEIR DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, RESELLERS, SUBCONTRACTORS, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE, WHETHER OR NOT DUE TO ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE OR CUSTOMER OR USER’S NEGLIGENCE, FOR ANY: (I) ACT, ERROR OR OMISSION OF A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RESELLERS, DEALERS, OR SUBCONTRACTORS; (II) MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, FAILURES TO TRANSMIT, DELAYS OR DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH ALERT LION, (III) DAMAGE OR INJURY CAUSED BY THE USE OF SERVICES, INCLUDING USE IN A VEHICLE; (IV) CLAIM AGAINST CUSTOMER OR USER BY THIRD PARTIES; (V) FAILURE BY CUSTOMER OR THE USER TO KEEP CURRENT EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INFORMATION INCLUDED IN CUSTOMER’S LIFETRAC ALERT SPEED CALL SETTINGS; (VI) MISUSE OF THE PRODUCT BY CUSTOMER OR THE USER, INCLUDING WITHOUT
- Notice. All notices by Customer to Alert Lion related to this Agreement must be in writing-via U.S. mail or email. Alert Lion may contact Customer by phone, email, or other means by which Alert Lion determines to be appropriate from time to time, including without limitation playing a recorded message when Customer attempts to place a call or attempt to add funds to Customer’s account, sending written notice to the address provided at the time of activation, sending an SMS message to the Product. Any such notice mailed by Customer to Alert Lion will be considered to have been given five (5) business days after it was mailed, as evidenced by the postmark or if by email Customer must request a ‘return receipt’ to verify receipt by Alert Lion.
- Miscellaneous. Only Customer and Alert Lion have enforceable rights under this Agreement. Unless expressly stated above, Customer may not modify or terminate any provisions of these Terms and Conditions without the prior consent of Alert Lion. No modification of or amendment to this Agreement, nor any waiver of any rights under this Agreement, will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party to be charged. This Agreement and any rights hereunder may be assigned in whole or in part by Alert Lion and without Customer’s consent Waiver by the parties of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of the same or any other provision hereof. Sections 2, 7 through 10, 12, and 13 shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Severability. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Arizona. Customer hereby expressly consents to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona, for any lawsuit filed there against Alert Lion by Customer arising from or related to this Agreement. Whenever possible each provision and term of the Agreement and these Terms will be interpreted in a manner to be effective and valid, but if any provision or term of the Agreement or these Terms are held to be prohibited, invalid or unenforceable, then such provision or term will be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating or affecting in any manner whatsoever the remainder of such provision or term or remaining provisions hereof. To the extent permitted by law, the parties hereto waive any provision of law that renders any such provision prohibited or unenforceable in any respect. If any of the covenants set forth in the Agreement or these Terms are held to be unreasonable, arbitrary, or against public policy, such covenants will be considered divisible with respect to scope, time, and geographic area, and in such lesser scope, time and geographic area, will be effective, binding and enforceable against the parties hereto.
- Authority to Execute. Each party represents and warrants to the other that the Agreement has been duly authorized, executed and delivered by and on behalf of each such party and constitutes the legal, valid and binding agreement of said parties. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when executed and delivered shall constitute an original of this agreement, but all the counterparts shall together constitute the same agreement. No counterpart shall be effective until each party has executed at least one counterpart.
- No Waiver. No course of dealing or failure of Alert Lion or Customer to strictly enforce any term, right or conditions of this Agreement shall be construed as a waiver of such term, right or condition. No express waiver of any term, right or condition of this Agreement shall operate as a waiver of any other term, right or condition.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations. Customer is responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, ordinances, rules, regulations, and administrative orders, including, without limitation, export and import laws, rules and regulations and any and all other product safety laws, rules and regulations.
- Headings. The headings contained in these Terms are included solely for convenience of reference and shall not affect the language included herein.
- Notices. All notices required hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed properly served if delivered in person or by reputable overnight courier service, or if sent by registered or certified mail, with postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the addresses in the Agreement or to such addresses as a party may designate from time to time pursuant to this Section 13. All notices shall be deemed received on the date of delivery or attempted delivery, if delivered in person, or if mailed, on the date which is two (2) days after the date such notice is deposited in the mail.
- Assignment. Neither Alert Lion nor Customer may assign, convey or transfer the Agreement, or any part thereof, without the prior written consent of the other party, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed, except that Alert Lion may assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of Customer to a person or entity controlling, controlled by or affiliated with Alert Lion. The Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the successors and permitted assigns of the parties hereto.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to conflicts of law principles or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Each of the parties irrevocably agrees and consents (a) to the exercise of personal jurisdiction over it by the State or superior courts of the State of Arizona and (b) that if it brings an action, such action shall be instituted exclusively in one of the courts specified in (a) above.
- Individual State Law: This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. In addition to the rights provided by this warranty, you may have additional rights depending on your state of residency. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMITED WARRANTY AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
ONE –YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
BY USING THE MOBILEDEFENDER DEVICE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THE ALERT LION, LLC ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY DESCRIBED BELOW. BEFORE USING THE DEVICE, READ THE TERMS OF THE WARRANTY CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THE WARRANTY, RETURN THE DEVICE TO ALERT LION.
WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY COVER?
Alert Lion, LLC, located at 550 W. Baseline Rd. Ste. 102-274 Mesa, AZ 85210 (“Alert Lion or the Manufacturer”), warrants the MobileDefender (“Device”) and its accompanying accessories contained in the original packaging against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with the Alert Lion user manual for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser (“You”).
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, ALERT LION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE MOBILEDEFENDER USER GUIDE AND/OR ANY OTHER INSTRUCTION MANUALS ACCOMPANYING THE DEVICE AND ANY ACCESSORIES PURCHASED. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN SUCH MANUALS CAREFULLY AS MISUSE OF THE PRODUCT OR FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN VOIDING THIS WARRANTY AND/OR RENDER THE DEVICE INOPERABLE.
State Law: Some states do not allow limitation on the length of time an implied warranty lasts, so the limitations described above may not apply to you.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER?
The warranty and obligations stated here will not apply to:
- Devices that have been (i) damaged due to abuse, accident, or neglect beyond the control of the manufacturer; (ii) misused or improperly maintained by the owner, contrary to the instructions provided by the manufacturer; (iii) altered, tampered with or repaired by you or a third party, without the manufacturer’s permission; or (iv) damaged cosmetically (e.g. scratches, dents, or broken component parts);
- Applicable software available for download on the Alert Lion website;
- Consumable parts such as batteries, unless product damage has been caused by defects in workmanship or manufacturing, or battery failure; OR
- Devices from which the serial number has been altered or removed.
ALERT LION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE WARRANTY CLAIMS AGAINST ITS DEVICE THAT ARE OBTAINED AND/OR USED IN CONTRAVENTION OF THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY. No agent, representative, dealer or employee of Alert Lion has the authority to increase or alter the terms of this warranty.
WHAT IS THE PERIOD OF COVERAGE?
The warranty obligations set forth herein are limited to ONE (1) YEAR the date of purchase.
WHO IS COVERED?
This warranty is non-transferable and any obligations under this warranty are limited to the product and its accompanying accessories and are owed only to the original end-use purchaser.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS A BREACH OF WARRANTY?
Service is the only available remedy under the terms of the warranty. Service is limited to either repair or replacement of the MobileDefender device or the accompanying charging station. All warranty service must be first handled through your service provider. If, for some reason, the service provider cannot perform warranty service, you can return the product pre-paid to Alert Lion, LLC, located at 550 W. Baseline Rd. Ste. 102-274 Mesa, AZ 85210 The decision to repair or replace the device shall be the sole discretion of the party performing the warranty service.
Alert Lion disclaims any representations or warranties that it will be able to repair any MobileDefender device without the risk to or loss of information stored in the MobileDefender device.
WHAT CAN I DO IF THE WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED?
If the warranty period has expired, you must first attempt to obtain warranty service from your dealer or service provider. If you attempt to obtain warranty service from Alert Lion, Alert Lion can, in its sole discretion: (i) refuse to perform warranty service; (ii) replace the product and/or its accessories with refurbished products or accessories; or (iii) repair the original product and/or its accompanying accessories. If Alert Lion elects to repair or replace the device and/or its accessories after the warranty has expired, you must pay any applicable repair/replacement charges.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Testing and Service of Device: Upon purchase, the device is in your exclusive possession and subject only to your control. It is your sole responsibility to test the operation of the equipment. If the device becomes damaged it is your responsibility to seek repair of the device, and if under warranty, it is your duty to request warranty service.
Communication and Response Limitations: You acknowledge that calls and alerts pass through modes of communication beyond the control of Alert Lion. Therefore, Alert Lion shall not be responsible for any equipment or communication failure that fails to properly transmit signals or alerts to the Alert Lion network or anyone on your desired contact list, including 911 operators.
WARNINGS AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ THESE WARNINGS CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE USE.
- No Reliance — Do not rely solely on the MobileDefender for your ability to contact emergency personnel. The MobileDefender is not a substitute for a standard cell phone or landline telephone and is not intended to be a standalone device to prevent injury to you. In the event of an emergency dial 911 and follow the instructions of emergency personnel.
- Proper Operation — To ensure proper function of your device you must ensure that the device has sufficient battery charge to operate. Please charge your device regularly and reference the MobileDefender User Guide to learn about the warning and indicator lights that may warn you of a malfunction or other issue that may render your device inoperable.
- Battery Damage — Do not attempt to replace the MobileDefender battery yourself as you may damage the battery, cause overheating, or injury.
- Cell Phone Coverage — Use of the MobileDefender depends on adequate cell phone and GPS (locational services) coverage. Traveling to and from areas with inadequate cell phone coverage may prevent the MobileDefender from relaying accurate locations or alerts to the network, or making calls to desired contacts. Alert Lion makes no representations as to the availability of sufficient coverage within your home or areas of personal use.
- Conversation Range — To ensure that emergency contacts, 911 operators, and operators of the Alert Lion network can clearly understand and assess your needs, keep the MobileDefender product within FIVE (5) FEET of you at all times.
- Lanyards — Use of the lanyard in areas with protruding objects may pose an increased risk of strangulation. Use caution not to wrap such lanyard around your neck tightly and please be aware that a lanyard may catch on objects.
- Radio Frequency Exposure — The MobileDefender product has been tested and meets applicable limits for radio frequency (RF) exposure. To further reduce exposure, use a hands-free option such as the built-in speakerphone. This product does not interfere with pacemakers.
- Temperature — The MobileDefender product contains sensitive electrical components that may become inoperable when exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures for prolonged periods of time.
- Water Damage — The MobileDefender is not water proof or water resistant and contact with water may damage the product and render it inoperable. The product contains sensitive electronic components that may cause electric shock if placed in contact with water. Do not use or place the MobileDefender in or around water, including placing near a sink, pool or shower or while bathing or engaging in water-related activities.
- Not a Toy — This product is not a toy. False emergencies reported by dialing 911 may violate your local laws and result in fines or other penalties. Please respect the 911 emergency system and use only in emergencies. Medical emergencies are a proper use of the 911 system.
- Manual Operation — You are solely responsible for inputting correct phone numbers into your device, including any applicable country or area codes, or other indicator codes (e.g. “1” or “9” to dial out).
- Software Updates — The functionality of the product depends on the use of Alert Lion software, which may, on occasion update. Do not solely rely on Alert Lion to inform you of when software updates are required. The product must be powered “on” to receive software updates.
- Location Data — To ensure that accurate location data is relayed to the Alert Lion network, please leave the product powered “on” at all times.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND KEEP THEM FOR FUTURE USE.
- Alternate Power Source — Do not use any power source other than the charging station originally supplied with the product. Use of an alternate power source could damage the product or make it unsafe.
- Cleaning the Charging Station — Do not attempt to clean the charging station while it is plugged into an outlet. Do not attempt to clean the charging station with any liquid. Use only a damp, soft cloth.
- Damage — If the product or the charging station fail to operate as indicated by the user guide or any instructions contained within the original packaging, do not attempt to repair the product by yourself. Send the damaged product to either the dealer or service provider or Alert Lion.
- Electrical Shock — Do not place the product or charging station near a source of water (e.g. a bathroom or kitchen sink).
- Opening the Unit — If the product and/or the charging station become damaged, do not attempt to open the unit, under any circumstances. Doing so may void your warranty.